NEET 2021 Information
NEET 2021 – National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct NEET 2021 on July 26 2021 in pen and paper based mode in 2546 exam centres across 155 cities in India. NEET 2021 prospectus has been released on December 1, 2019, and the latest changes can be checked below. NTA will release the NEET UG 2021 application form on December 2, 2019, from 4:00 PM and the last date to fill it is December 31. The official NEET 2021 website i.e. ntaneet.nic.in has been activated by NTA on November 30, 2019, while the details will be updated soon. The details for NEET website is available below. From 2021, NEET will be the single entrance exam for all UG medical courses in the country including AIIMS and JIPMER. NEET 2021 admit card will be available on March 27 for candidates who have successfully filled the application. After NEET 2021 concludes, candidates can check the NEET answer key by leading coaching centres on exam day. NEET result will be declared on June 4, 2021 in online mode along with the final answer key and qualifying cutoff. NEET qualified candidates can apply for All India counselling conducted by MCI tentatively in June while counselling for state admissions will be thereafter. To know the complete detailed information about eligibility, application process, important dates, download of admit card, seat matrix and more, read the article below.
LATEST: NEET 2021 registration to be started today from 4:00 PM; Keep Checking!
What is NEET - National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test?
This is the single largest undergraduate medical entrance test for admission to MBBS, BDS and AYUSH courses - BHMS, BAMS, BUMS, B.V.Sc & AH. AIIMS and JIPMER now merged into NEET. No more separate entrance exams for these. The total seat matrix and institutes for these courses is provided below.
NEET 2021 - Overview
|Name of the Examination||National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET-UG)|
|Conducting body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Examination level||National (NTA)|
|Academic Qualification||10+2 or equivalent with PCB|
|Exam Date and Mode||July 26, 2021 in pen and paper mode|
|Exam Cities||155 cities|
|155 cities||Admissions to
|Number of Applicants||15,19,375 (in 2019)|
|Number of Appeared Candidates||14,10,754 (in 2019)|
NEET Important Dates 2021
National Testing Agency (NTA) has announced the dates of NEET 2021 through an official notification on August 21, 2019. The important dates of NEET 2021 are listed in the table below to help candidates keep track of deadline. NEET 2021 application dates, correction, admit card and exam date can be checked below.
NEET UG pre-exam dates
|Events before NEET||Dates|
|Notification of NEET||August 21, 2019|
|Application form date||December 2, 2019 from 4:00 PM|
|Last date for NEET 2021 registration||December 31, 2019|
|Last date to pay application fee||January 1, 2021|
|NEET application correction dates||January 15 to 31, 2021|
|Release of admit card||March 27, 2021|
|NEET 2021||July 26, 2021 (2.00 PM to 5.00 PM)|
|Answer key by RJ Vision||July 26, 2021|
*dates are tentative
NEET UG post-exam dates
|Events after NEET exam||Dates|
|Display of recoded responses of candidates||First week of August 2021*|
|Release of provisional answer key||First week of August 2021*|
|Publication of final official answer key||To be announced!!|
|Declaration of result||To be announced!!|
|Counselling starts||To be announced!!|
*means dates are tentative
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2021
Only candidates who meet the prescribed eligibility criteria of NEET can apply and appear for the test. NEET 2021 eligibility criteria will detail the nationality, age limit of candidates as well as the qualifying exam studied, subjects and pass percentage for the same. Check the NEET 2021 eligibility criteria below.
NEET UG Eligibility Criteria 2021
Non Resident Indians (NRIs)
Overseas Citizen of India (OCI)
Persons with Indian Origin (PIO)
Candidates must at least be 17 years of age by
December 31, 2021.
There is upper age limit is 25.
Candidates must have qualified Class 12 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English as subjects.
Candidates appearing for their class 12 or equivalent are also eligible to appear for the exam.
|Minimum marks required in qualifying exam||
Each candidate must have scored the following in their class 12 or equivalent in each subject and in aggregate:
|Additional Biology and Open School students||
Candidates with Biology as an additional subject in Class 12 are also eligible.
Students who have completed Class 11 and Class 12 from open school are also eligible.(Subject to any new guidelines that may be announced by NTA).
|Number of attempts||
NEET Application Form 2021
National Testing Agency will release the NEET 2021 application form on December 2, 2019, from 4:00 PM in online mode. To fill the NEET application candidates must follow five steps as detailed below. Before applying for NEET 2021, its advisable to keep necessary documents ready.
1. NEET 2021 Registration: Candidates must enter their name, email Id, mobile number, gender etc to register and generate their provisional application number and login credentials.
2. Login to fill NEET application form 2021: Next candidates must use the given NEET 2021 login ID and password to fill the personal, academic and communication details
3. Upload photograph, signature and other documents: the details and specifications of the photograph and signature are given below.
4. Pay the application fee of NEET: Candidates must pay the prescribed fee, the details of which are given below. Payment mode is online through net banking, debit/credit cards etc or through cash deposit (e-challan) to be paid at State Bank of India branches only.
5. Print confirmation page: after the payment is made and details submitted, candidates must download the confirmation page and save the same.
NEET 2021 Application Fees
|SC/ST/PH/Transgender Candidates||Rs. 800|
Documents needed to apply for NEET 2021
- Photograph with file size 10 to 100 Kb in jpg format. Postcard size picture with a white background with the name of the candidate and date printed below the photograph is mandated.
- Signature with file size 3 to 20 Kb in jpg format. The signature of the candidate should be in black ink on a white background and must not be in capitals.
- Class 10 certificate with file size between 100 kb to 400 kb.